About Exceed Africa
Through personalised professional engineering we are able to provide our clients with a quality product, cost effectively, allowing them to exceed their product expectations and financial returns.
Founded in March 2016 Exceed Africa’s strengths are built on 20 years of varied experience in engineering and environment integration. We strive to provide expedient delivery of client requirements within the confines of regulated standards while thinking “outside the box” for cost efficiency and environmental sustainability.
Our background includes projects across the civil and structural fields from highways, large structures, development reticulation, stormwater infiltration and attenuation. With no project too large or too small our team is fully adjustable to ensure that all requirements can be properly covered without large overheads. This while ensuring full professional service is provided. Our experience includes rural water supply, highway upgrades and structures, bulk and link civil services to large and small developments and includes five years of experience in New Zealand.
Previous projects include:
- Six rural water supply projects Eastern Cape with Department of Water Affairs
- Design and detailing of various bridges (including portions of the Nelson Mandela bridge JHB)
- Upgrade designs of the North Shore (NZ) sewer network
- Upgrade designs of the Auckland (NZ) central motorway
- Civil engineering designs for a 60 lot Aero Park in North Shore (NZ)
- Civil engineering designs for residential developments at Fairview Avenue (NZ), Richmond Villas (NZ), Albertsdal X21, Witpoortjie X52, Clayville X50, South Hills, Linbro Park X169, Greenhills
- Civil and Structural engineering for multiple school developments for Advtech – Beverley, Sandton, Wilgespruit, Glenvista, Lonehill, Fourways, Little Falls, Kathstan, Founders Hill
- Eskom Coal Haulage road repair programme in Mpumalanga
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan design and construct three-year roads and stormwater programme
- Orange Farm Phases 1 and 2 upgrading of gravels roads to surfaced roads for Johannesburg Roads Agency
- Upgrading of Staatsartillery Road, Alwyn Street, Maunde Street and K97 for City of Tshwane
- Stormwater master planning for Gamagara Municipality in Olifantshoek and Sishen, Northern Cape
- Ekurhuleni water demand management programme of bulk supply from Randwater
We are pleased in many of these projects to have been able to improve the amenity of the developments for the long term while reducing construction costs through the engineering solutions provided. Exceed Africa looks forward to being able to demonstrate to you our capabilities and performance that will go to enhance your project while reducing the costs and simultaneously increasing the return on your project investment.
About Jason Webster – Founder
Jason started studying at Unitec Institute of Technology in Auckland New Zealand in 1997. Jason’s work experience started in late 1999 at Lukhozi Consulting of East London. Worked on various rural water supply projects as clerk of work in the Eastern Cape.
In 2001 Jason relocated to Pretoria and working for BKS in the bridge engineering section as a design draughtsman. His experience during this time included the Smit Street deck design drawings for the Nelson Mandela Bridge in Johannesburg.
In 2002 Jason went to New Zealand to obtain his Certificate of Engineering and complete his Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree at Unitec. During this time he worked at Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) in Auckland. Here he was responsible for the geometric design and detailing of the North Shore City Council upgrade of their waste water network, particularly the bulk outfall in Brown’s Bay.
As his appointment with SKM was a contract appointment in 2003 he obtained a Civil Design Technician post with BECA Carter Hollings and Ferner in Auckland. As part of the Auckland Motorway Alliance team, he worked in the project office in Grafton Gully and was responsible for the design detailing for various roads and bridges for the Central Motorway Junction Project, the Grafton Gully Project and the Rewa River Bridge (Fiji).
From 2004 to 2006 he worked with Thurlow Consulting Engineers in Auckland as an engineer. His wife and he then returned to South Africa in mid 2006 where he worked with Stemele Bosch Africa in their newly opened Johannesburg office at the time as the Lead Engineer of their Roads and Development section. In February 2008 he started with Bigen Africa in Pretoria as an engineer in their Land Development division. Shortly after which he became an Associate Principal in Land Development and was subsequently promoted to Principal.
In March 2016 Jason decided to found Exceed Africa to create an engineering practice that was environmentally aligned and focused on prompt delivery while still offering the engineering and project management services clients require for highly varied projects, based on the good relationships he had developed with the various local authorities for reliability and environmentally sensitive innovation.
About Koos Bultman – Owner
Koos’ engineering career started after completing his studies in the Netherlands and immigrating to South Africa in 1974.
He hashad extensive experience in reinforced concrete, pre-stressed concrete, steel and timber structures, such as reinforced concrete and steel factories. He also has specialist knowledge and a recognised proficiency in the structural design of concrete and steel buildings, machine foundations, bridge design, pump stations, settling tanks, filter blocks, reservoirs, steel tanks, office buildings, and airport buildings.
Koos was one of the first engineers to actively promote water retaining structures using the so-called “jointless option”, as well as the use of high density concrete.
Key performance areas in the overall management and marketing of the structural division at Bigen Africa include strategic planning, human resource management, capacity building, mentoring and skills development, client liaison, and project management.
Koos’ work experience is complemented by Ing (HTS) (The Netherlands) and BCom degrees, as well as 12 additional honours courses in engineering structures. He is a Registered Professional Engineer and a member of two professional associations. First-class analytical, design and problem solving skills are supported by proven leadership competence, involving developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives.
Some of Koos’ Achievements
His career spans more than 40 years in structural engineering design has been interspersed with a number of career highlights, including
- Recognition as a one of the first pioneers for water retaining structures and the use of high density concrete using fly ash which is suited to “soft water”
- Structural design of water and sewage treatment plants valued at hundreds of million Rand
- Design of extensions to the Virginia Waterworks, which was nominated for the Fulton Award in 1992
- Appointment as design engineer on approx 20 bridges, many in pre-stressed concrete and on piled foundations, and on the proposed South Rand Freeway south of Brakpan and Springs.
Exceed Africa Blog
As part of our Environment Engineering specialist services Exceed Africa in March 2018 through May 2018 was able to assist Reeflords in unlocking their Randpark Ridge Extension 105 development known as Orchid Ridge. The site was obtained with approved development...
Exceed Africa was pleased to solve an environmental contamination problem creating a health risk to the students of Crawford Sandton, Upstream of the school sewer blockages were contaminating the stormwater in the open stormwater channel. The stormwater channel was...
Exceed Africa is pleased to be part of Balwin's project team for the lifestyle development, The Reid. The residential development will create 1294 residential units on a site with a large wetland and existing farm dams. The wetland and farm dams will be retained and...